Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Trader Joe’s Beauty Haul

This is a Trader Joe’s beauty haul from earlier last month.  I was going into Trader Joe’s to pick up some food items and decided to grab a few things in the beauty section.  Liliana had posted about the face wash and I decided to pick up a bottle to try out for myself.  I admit, I purchased it but haven’t tried it yet.  I’ve been using a skincare routine and I’m trying to see if it’s working – basically I’m allowing my skin sometime to get used to the routine to see if it’s going to freak out.  The bottom line is the face wash was created with a dermatologist who sells a similar version for a larger price tag.  If you want to read about the All-In-One face wash from Trader Joe’s marketing words – see here: http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=257.

While looking through the beauty items I noticed they had a tea tree line of shampoos and conditioners and I figured I’d grab it since me and my boyfriend get very dry scalps (even though my hair gets oily).  A dry scalp usually leads to incredible itchiness and/or dandruff so I have hopes this will help the both of us.  That is, if I can get my boyfriend to use it.  Last I picked up a jar of coconut oil because I saw a post by Lyndsay talking about how this is great to moisturize your legs when shaving.  I was hoping my Trader Joe’s would have a smaller jar, but this was the only size available.  The woman that worked there told me it’s great to use as a moisturizer (as in slathering on and leaving for a few and/or shaving) she also said it’s good to cook with and she even said her sister-in-law uses it in her coffee.  That made me raise a brow because I love coffee …. so perhaps we’ll see!

Here’s what I picked up:
-          Trader Joe’s Nourish All-In-One Cleanser
-          Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo
-          Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
-          Trader Jot’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment