Sunday, December 30, 2012

Swatches: Wet n Wild Shimmer the Night Away



This is Wet n Wild’s limited edition 8-pan palette Shimmer the Night Away.  This is one of the 3 new limited edition palettes (well, really 2 new since one is a re-release under a new name).  This is the purple palette.  I admit I was hesitant to purchase because purples aren’t really my favorite shadows – they usually contrast against my skin tone and make me look like I have a black eye.  I did pick it up because my Walgreen’s was having all Wet n Wild products on sale with a buy one get one 50% off deal.  So of course, I bought the first palette for $4.99 and got this one for $2.50.  I felt the price was justifiable to pick it up.

I will say I was not particularly wowed by the color payoff on this palette.  Sparkle ‘Til Morning is SO gorgeous, pigmented and wearable that this just fell flat for me on the love-o-meter. The darker shades pop more whereas the purple – even the blue tend to fall a little flat.  Sorry to say – but I’m not a terribly big fan of this palette.



No comments:

Post a Comment