Wednesday, December 26, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask



I picked up this Tea Tree Face Mask at The Body Shop kind of on the fly a number of months back.  I was talking to the girl that works in one of my local stores (she and I suffer from similar acne problems and have taken similar dermatologist prescribed medications).  So to say I trust her opinion is a pretty solid statement.  She’s even steered me away from purchasing certain things so that’s customer service to say the least.  I was looking for a couple different things and this mask was recommended to me by the girl in the store so I picked it up.  She did advise you can use it different ways, as a mask, as a cleanser, etc.  I even read a few different reviews on The Body Shop website with how people use it.  Some find they like to put it on then get in the shower and then wash it off.  I use it in a combination of ways and each has been pretty positive for me.

PACKAGING & PRICE
The product comes packaged in a round screw lid tub which contains 3.85 ounces of product.  This retails for $15 but The Body Shop is known for constantly running buy 2 get 2 free sales or buy 3 get 3 free sales.  Currently they are running a store and site-wide 50% off sale so this is selling for $7.50.  Groupon also pairs up with The Body Shop to offer $20 Groupons for the store – so you’d spend $10 and have $20 taken off your bill – further reducing your payout.

PRODUCT
The product itself is a bright green moderately thick cream.  It does have a distinct tea tree scent to it, which can tickle your sense of smell if you get close to it.  This is featured in the tea tree line which is geared towards individuals with problem skin (acne blemishes).  This is geared towards being a mask but it can be a multi-use product and everyone who uses it, uses it in different ways that they find works best for them.  The product is a cooling face mask with cleanses, soothes and refreshes the skin.  It aids in removing impurities and absorbing excess oil.  I will say it does all of these things and more.

PURCHASING
This can be purchased from any The Body Shop store location, The Body Shops online website and Beauty.com.  I have also seen The Body Shop products sold at TJ Maxx and Marshall’s locations – but it’s really hit or miss as it depends on what they receive in and how quickly they sell.

OVERALL
As I’ve stated this can be a multi-purpose face mask/cleanser.  According to the product you shouldSmooth a thin layer onto pat-dried skin, clean face and neck with your fingertips. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes (mask will not dry). Then rinse off with clean water and pat skin dry. Use once or twice per week, after cleansing.”  I’ve used this as a mask and found the tingling sensation can become all too much for my skin – so I sometimes put this on my face before getting into the shower and I let the warm air mesh with the product and do it’s own thing.  I have also used this as a skin refresher after using an exfoliating face wash (whether by using a product or using a exfoliating face brush).  In this case I rub a small amount of product into my cleansed face, leave it on for a minute or two, and then rinse off.  It can leave my face a little tight feeling, but it’s nothing some moisturizer won’t ease up.

I do know if you use this product and you find it is not for you, or you’ve had a reaction to it the store will allow you to bring it back in to explain your situation and will aid in finding a new product for you that will not upset your skin/etc.

RATING
A-


No comments:

Post a Comment