Through the Grapevine by Wet n Wild is a gorgeous fuchsia shade that leans toward the purple side of the spectrum. The shade applies flawlessly to the nails and gives off a crème finish. It only took two coats for it to become opaque, but in all honesty, you could most likely get away with one coat. The shade is stunning and is very appropriate for the impending spring and summer months. I personally love wearing bright polishes during the winter to help take my mind off the winter weather. I personally LOVE the new Megalast formula and I particularly love the brush. The brush is similar to the Sally Hansen brush, but I really prefer this one over that. I find the Wet n Wild polish is just a lot easier to handle in comparison to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish. If you are interested in the new Wet n Wild Megalast nail colors they are available at Walgreen’s (possibly also at CVS – but my local CVS’ do not sell Wet n Wild any longer) and Rite Aid (if your local Rite Aid has restocked). They retail for $1.99 each, but if you are able to get them on sale you can get them for cheaper. I actually picked this shade and two others up at Walgreen’s and scored all 3, after a buy 2 get 1 free deal and a pair of coupons for $2 for 3!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
My local K-Mart tends to have a lot of cosmetics at a pretty affordable price. They had a few Essie polishes and by a few I mean 1 of each shade and it was a really pale pink, a red and a medium-toned pink. Nothing that really caught my eye that I had to have … so I ran on back to the Milani section hoping to find the new glitter polishes, and thankfully I was able to find Pink Flare which I wanted SO badly after seeing Lyndsay’s post showing how it was a spot on dupe of OPI’s Teenage Dream. They did not have the red jewel fx polish, so I went with the purple which is SO gorgeous. I then went over to the Jordana polishes and was oogling over all the new glitter polishes they have. I was in a toss up between the blue, teal and red based multi-colored. The blue reminded me of Revlon’s Blue Mosaic so I put that one back and decided to go with the teal since it was unlike any glitter polish I currently own. I then luckily found the new NYC Matte Top coat! I saw they released this but all of my local CVS’ ONLY had the 4 new NYC shades but K-Mart was on top of their game and had this in stock!
Incase you are wondering how I got all this for $4.99, here’s the break down:
Milani polishes were (surprisingly) $2.99 each, which meant I paid $2.99 for TWO after the coupon!
Jordana polishes are $1.99 and the NYC was $2.19. The register freaked out, so the manager came over and for some reason punched it in that the NYC polish was free, so I paid $1.99 for the Jordana AND NYC polish!
So here’s what I picked up:
- Milani Nail Lacquer One Coat Glitter – Pink Flare. As I mentioned above, Lyndsay made a post about how this is a dupe to OPI’s Teenage Dream. This is stunning! A pink based polish with multicolored glitters in it. LOVES!
- Milani Nail Lacquer Jewel FX – Lavender. GORGEOUS clear polish with purple glitters. I can’t wait to give this a try!
- Jordana Glitters Nail Polish – Celestial. A gorgeous deep teal shade, the polish itself is a clear base but the glitters are micro, mini and medium sized teal glitters.
- NYC (New York Color) Mattifying Top Coat –Matte Me Crazy. I’ve already tried this out and will have a post coming, but this is a neat concept. This acts as a top coat, but it makes your polishes MATTE!
So there you have it, my $4.99 K-Mart polish haul!
Wet n Wild’s Spoiled nail polish line is on sale at CVS this week for 2 for $3! Typically these sell for $1.99 each and are sold exclusively at CVS, so I figured even though it was only a dollar savings buying 2, it was better to have that savings and to try some more shades from this line. So far, what I have tried, I have loved. I find since every CVS I go to, has different shades (I have yet to find a CVS that is fully stocked) I am over and over again finding something else I want. I had picked up 3 different polishes during this haul and one of them I only purchased because the sun was blasting through the front doors at CVS and the sun caught this shade and I could see blue, purple, green and I just HAD to have it.
Here’s what I picked up:
- Wet n Wild Spoiled Nail Polish – Jewelry Heist. This is a clear based glitter polish, which has various sized glitters in it, small, medium and hexagon. The glitter shades vary from purple, blue, black, golden, silver, pink, etc. It’s really a pretty shade, one that I think will work fabulously with a lighter shade polish or even a white polish.
- Wet n Wild Spoiled Nail Polish – Toad-ally Amazing. This is a mint green polish that has silver microshimmers in it. The microshimmers didn’t come out in the photograph, the sun was being battled by cloud after cloud when I was taking these photos – but there ARE silver microshimmers in it.. I thought it was very pretty. I don’t typically do minty colored polishes because they don’t always work with my skintone the greatest – but I wanted to give this one a shot because it was different and not flat.
- Wet n Wild Spoiled Nail Polish – The Parking Meteor Expired. I will say this is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS in the sunlight, the shimmers in it reflect from teal to purple – but outside of the sunlight, it’s okay. This is a midnight blue/black polish which has flecks in it. I feel in love with this polish as the sun was glistening off it in the store and it had to come with me. I probably wouldn’t have even picked this up if I had not seen it’s gorgeousness in the sunlight!
Monday, February 27, 2012
You read that correctly, I only paid $3.77 for these three items! How’d I manage to pull this one off? Well, Michelle pointed out that there was a $2.00 off Revlon coupon available to print on coupons.com, so I went onto the site and printed off the max that you can (which in most cases is 2, sometimes only 1 depending on the coupon). I knew I REALLY wanted the Red Velvet lip butter and I was going to make it a priority of mine to find it at Target to get to use this coupon. The only reason I went to Target yesterday was to 1) return a shirt I picked up for my little cousin because I needed a 3T instead of a 2T AND I needed a refrigerator light bulb. Essentials, but the beauty section and I are BFF’s.
I found TWO Revlon lip butter displays; the first one only had Cotton Candy, Tutti Fruity and Fig Jam on it. The other one had more, but since it was a little higher than eye level I was picking up colors and reading what they were on the bottom. I just about squealed when I found the one and only Red Velvet in the store AND it was untouched! Double score! The lip butters sell for $6.49 at Target. Since there wasn’t another lip butter shade available that caught my eye I started looking at the polishes. I’ve been obsessed with neutral shades AND glitters, so I snagged a pink polish, expecting it to be $3.99 but it was an unmarked clearance item on sale for $1.98! I then found the Yes to Carrots lip tint on the clearance shelf. I had a$2.00 off any Yes to Carrots lip product that I had picked off a display I had seen a few weeks ago and was waiting to find a good opportunity to use it.
So here’s what I picked up:
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter – Red Velvet. Originally $6.49, minus the $2 Revlon coupon, this came out to be $4.49.
- Revlon Nail Enamel – Sparkling. Originally $3.99, on sale for $1.98. After the $2 off Revlon coupon the 2 cent overage went toward the remaining balance.
- Yes to Carrots Lip Tint – C Me Blush. This was originally almost $5, but was marked down to $1.30 over a period of time. The 70 cents overage was put towards the rest of my purchase.
Overall not a bad deal at all! I got the lip butter I’ve been searching for, for just about half price and got 2 products for free in the process. Hooray Target!
Images are mine do not take or use. Thank you.
Friday, February 17, 2012
My mother actually introduced me to this cream a number of years ago. My hands get SO beat up in the winter months, dry, crack, split, and even get wind burn where the backs of my hands look like I have a serious bad case of road rash. I’ve made a post in the past about my hand routine using Vaseline at night to cure really bad dry/chapped/cracking skin. I still follow that process, but during the day, when my hands are getting increasingly uglier while I’m out, I’ve been using my udder cream and it really works wonders!
Udder cream is like any regular lotion, but it’s VERY thick, has no scent, absorbs into the skin instantly and truly does heal dry, chapped, cracking skin almost instantly. If you apply the cream a few times, you will notice a significant difference. My fingers lately have been splitting at the base of my fingers (where they web) and it’s really healing up, the skin isn’t visibly split anymore. They may look a little dry after you’ve washed your hands a number of times, but by simply applying a bit more udder cream and you’ll be good to go. You should be forewarned, this is not a cream you want to use if your hands are not dry. Since it doesn’t really have a target area (dryness, etc.), it’ll kind of just glide all over your skin, and you’ll have to truly work it in to get it to absorb. Also, don’t use a palm full, that’s WAY too much – a liberal squirt of this cream in your hands goes a LONG way. Udder cream can be used on both your hands and your feet. I’m sure you could use it elsewhere, but I haven’t tried it on my legs since my normal cocoa butter tends to take care of that for me.
If you’re looking to purchase Udder Cream, it’s available at most Dollar Tree’s for $1 for the 2 oz tube (which is what is pictured – I tend to buy mine there since it’s cheaper in the long run). It’s also available at Walgreen’s in a 4 oz tube for $2.99, or you can buy a 12 oz tub which is a body & udder butter for $4.99.
Overall, I LOVE this cream especially during the winter months.
Have you ever tried Udder Cream? If so, what were your thoughts?
What is your go-to lotion to treat dry skin?