Sunday, October 14, 2012

Review: Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask Dead Sea Minerals



I picked up this Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals mask at CVS a few months back.  I actually got this for free because Freeman had little rebate offers on the product, which allowed you to get your money back for the item.  All I had to do was fill out the little bitty form and mail it in with my receipt and I got a check for the balance ($3.99) within 6-8 weeks.

PACKAGING & PRICE:
The product comes in a bright blue squeeze tube that holds 6 fl oz. of product.  The color of the packaging is the same color of the product.  The tube is actually quite eye catching, which is one of the reasons I picked it up – I was looking for the Mint Julep mask, since they didn’t have it, I noticed this and grabbed it.  As mentioned briefly above, this retails for $3.99 at CVS.  The price is pretty standard in all selling locations, but you may be able to get it on sale during select weeks depending on what stores are pushing in ads for the week.  There are also single use foil packages available with .5 fl oz of product in them, but in my travels I have only seen them at Walmart – those I believe sell for $1.40.

PRODUCT:
The product is a bright blue shade and is a rather thick cream – think really thick body lotion.  It’s creamier in consistency when rubbed onto the skin and applies easily.  As the product starts to dry it can be a little harder to work with because it dries into a clay consistency.  You may also find certain spots on your face dry faster than others and if you want to go back over a thinner spot, some product will rub off, so you have to try to cover all skin on first application.  There isn’t a real scent to the product but I would say it’s got a “clean” scent to it.  It’s nothing obnoxious and nothing even remotely overpowering.  It’s advertised as a product to aid in purifying and clearing pores.

PURCHASING:
The Freeman’s Facial Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals can be found at your local pharmacy – Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid.  It’s also available at Ulta as well as on Drugstore.com & Amazon.  The mini single-use packages are available at Walmarts.  Outside of the handful of these locations, I’m not sure where else they would be sold.  The regular 6 fl oz. bottle is a better bang for your buck, especially when comparing $4 vs $1.40 and the amount of product you receive (6 oz vs .5 oz).

OVERALL:
I quite enjoy this mask.  It goes on smoothly and dries quickly – within 5 minutes or so your mask will be completely dry.  As it dries your face will feel tighter but it’s not uncomfortable, even if you are talking while it’s dried and/or drying.  The texture of the mask gets harder on your skin after dried – which makes sense since the product is made of clay.  I thought it would be a lot harder to wash off but with a few handfuls of water, it rinses off with ease.  You could even put this on before taking a shower and easily rinse it of while showering.  The water and a slight rub of your hands remove it with ease.  I found after use, my skin feels much smoother and softer after use.  I quite enjoy this mask and the results obtained from using it.

RATING:
4 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment