Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SWATCH: Honey - Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

 
I picked up this Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey at Rite Aid a few weeks back during their 40% off Revlon sale.  I knew I really wanted to pick the shade in Honey up because from the swatches I had seen it was more of a neutral/natural shade.  But since they were 40% off I also picked up a few more which I really need to get around to playing with.  Anyway!

Honey looks quite daunting in the packaging.  The packaging itself is a LOT lighter than the actual product that goes on your lips.  It's a natural pinkish/mauve nude.  It's very pretty with shine to it.  Honestly?  If I did not see swatches of it before I went into the store I would have never picked it up JUST because the packaging is not an accurate measurement of what the shade itself wears/looks like.

Revlon really stepped up their game coming out with these.  They are being compared to Tarte's LipSurgence and Clinique's Chubby Stick.  Now I have not tried either of those two products so I cannot say whether they are a dupe or not firsthand, but from what I have heard and read, these FAR surpass the two.  These are really all the rave right now and when I do see them in store (if the display isn't brand new) they are really picked over and it's hard to find more than 1-2 shades.

2 comments: