Wednesday, June 13, 2012





I popped into Kmart two weekends ago ONLY because I received an e-mail saying my Shop Your Way Rewards were going to be expiring come Monday. I wasn't even aware I had a Shop Your Way Rewards balance so I headed on into the store. I knew I needed a pair of sandals that weren't the thong variety (I can't wear those without shuffling my feet or gimping around the rest of the day because it's chewed up the skin between my toes). I've had some good luck with Kmart sandals in the past -- last year I got two pairs that were dressier and they were very comfortable.

I hit up the shoe department and found a pair of simple black sandals that criss crossed over the top of my foot. They are in the style "Michelle." I realize they are nothing to look at and are kind of "old lady"-ish but they were extremely comfortable and really the only pair that I could find that was in a wide. They had another pair I liked but they were in a shade I would never wear on my feet. The greatest part is they were on sale for $11.04. Weird pricing structure, but okay!

Then while walking around I found this super cute pair of crocheted flats that I have been wanting forever and a day. They are by the brand Bongo and were on sale for $9.99. I was contemplating getting the tan shade, but I felt the black is a staple shoe I always go with and I get weird with brown/tan shade shoes. I prefer black shoes so I just like to stick with that theme. I have worn these to a BBQ and they were comfortable, but after a while the side of the crotchet part started to rub my pinky toe and I ended up switching shoes. But after a few wears they'll be comfy enough.

The last thing I purchased was a t-shirt that was on the clearance rack for $2.99. It was cute and had a hippie type fairy design on it. Then again for $3 I couldn't pass it up.
When I got up to the register, I told the girl about my Rewards that I wanted to use and she said I needed the pin on the card. Well. I don't have my card on me, I never use my K-Mart card I just give them my cell number. She told me if the cell on me was linked to the number provided, I could text some number and it would send me my pin. I did that and was able to deduct $7.42 from my total JUST because I've shopped at Kmart for a few things over the last X-amount of months. Pretty cool! Now I know why all those ladies on Extreme Couponing prefer to do their grocery shopping at the Big K.

No comments:

Post a Comment