Monday, June 11, 2012

May Cravebox!



I was thankfully selected in a drawing to be one of the lucky new subscribers to the Cravebox program.  I had been hoping to be selected for a while, so I was pumped when the program sent out e-mails notifying those on the waiting list of the drawing.  I then received an e-mail letting me know I was selected -- so I put in my payment information and patiently waited.

Before I go any further - you're probably wondering, What is Cravebox?  Well, Cravebox is a $10/mo subscription service which I would conveniently describe as a lifestyle subscription service.  The service gears itself towards bettering yourself both with food items and beauty items.  The face value of the items you receive in your box typically go above and beyond the $10 monthly fee.

This months box was coined A Taste of the Tropics.  The contents in the box were to transport you to a beach which provided the warm island breeze.  Overall, I was quite pleased with the items I received in my box.


The box itself consisted of the following items:
- Sunsweet Plum Amazins (2 sample size packets w/ coupon and recipe card)
- Lipton Tea & Honey To Go Packet in Mango Pineapple (1 sample size to go packet w/ coupon)
- Tree Hut Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub [18 oz container -- retail price $18!]
- Skintersection Intense Repair Cream [roughly $8 retail price]
- Guylian Original Belgian Chocolate Sea Shells

Now onto a mini review of two products:

I have tried the Plum Amazins and ... yuck.  I just don't like them.  They remind me of a non-sweet raisin.  But then again, I have never been a raisin/dried fruit type of person.  I like raisins in granola or in carrot cake, etc., but it's not something that I would reach for to eat on its own or in a dish.  I have one pack left and I will be giving those to someone who either wants to try them or likes dried plums.

I have already drank the Lipton Tea & Honey packet.  I've been bringing these to work as they aid in helping me get down 64 ounces of water in my workday when plain ole water just isn't cutting it.  I totally LOVE these Lipton packets.  The taste is nice and mellow, not overly sweet, but you do get the tropical vibe from the pineapple and mango.  It would taste even better over a glass of ice instead of in a water bottle as I drink it.

I will say -- the Tree Hut sugar scrub smells amazing.  I need to bring it into the bathroom and use it when I shower.  Same goes with the intense repair cream -- I'm always complaining about my hands and how dry they are [I deal with a lot of paperwork at work & I wash my hands like I have OCD] so I should give this a shot.  I've heard a lot of great things about it, so I'm hoping the results are the same for myself.









Now if you would like to sign up for Cravebox (to be entered to win a spot in the program) or to be in the know you can do so at the following:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/cravebox
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cravebox
Website: http://www.cravebox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment