Sunday, July 22, 2012

REVIEW: Frizz-Ease Sheer Solution

 
I received a bottle of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Sheer Solution from BzzAgent as part of their BzzCampaign for reviewing purposes. I admit I was pretty psyched for this campaign because I have seen Frizz-Ease sold in stores FOREVER but had never given it a try.  Truth be told, I don’t like to spend a decent amount of money on hair products, particularly when my hair is quite a pain and doesn’t like a whole lot of product.

I admit I used to believe this product was to be used in only people who had curly hair.  My godmother’s daughter always used this and she had super curly hair so I felt the two just went hand-in-hand.  Plus when I did notice it on the shelf it was at least $10+ for a bottle and because I don’t really like throwing my money away on a product that may just not work for me, I never felt compelled to purchase.  Although now after using this product, I wonder what I waited so long for because this stuff is amazing!

I took the bottle with me on vacation a few weeks back – to the beach out of all places.  My hair tends to be rather straight and as the day progresses it can start to look a bit oily.  I do typically have flyaway’s as I don’t use product in my hair outside of an occasional pump of volumizing mousse or split end treatment.  Although in beach weather my hair takes on a new life of its own.  It’s just all around crazy, especially after sitting on the beach for a while – between the salty air, the moisture in the air, the heat, etc., my hair goes from normal to crazy.  As you can see from one of the photographs my hair was completely off the charts crazy with volume – volume I don’t typically have.  It was frizzy and just screamed helmet hair.  After washing my hair, towel drying and then applying 10 drops of frizz-ease solution into my hand (after shaking) I rubbed my hands together and smoothed into my hair.  The results were fabulous!  I was able to go out the rest of the night while on the beach and walking around and my hair was perfect.  Not a fly away in sight, no unruly frizz, no ridiculous beach weather infused volume.

This is very lightweight on my hair, which is a great thing.  If it wasn’t my hair would look weighed down, stringy and oily.  It did not cause any buildup on my hair which I loved because even certain brands of shampoo (not Pantene) leave this thick coating on my hair which can be visible by the naked eye especially when it stays on my scalp.  I will be purchasing once I use up the contents of my bottle – so thanks BzzAgent for turning me onto a fabulous hidden jewel.



No comments:

Post a Comment