Sunday, July 22, 2012

Under the Bed Shoe Storage


I picked up this under the bed shoe organizer at TJ Maxx eons ago.  I put it in my closet and while moving things around spotted it and decided to put it to good use since my shoes (particularly the shoes for summer) had spiraled out of control.  A year or two ago I purchased a stand-up shoe organizer that turned out to be a piece of crap once I put more than 6 pairs of shoes on it.  The thing literally toppled over and the hinge parts snapped off.  I threw away the bottom part and kept the top 2 layers which were sturdy and have that in my closet -- but since my shoe collection is larger than just the 8 pairs of shoes on it I needed something else.  The bottom of the closet was riddled with shoes and my boyfriend would grumble every time he had to go in there.  Sooo... I felt this would be the perfect solution -- and it is!

It's a pretty sturdy nylon type bottom with a plasticy top that zippers together.  There are 12 compartments for shoes and it easily slips under the bed with ease.  I currently have a few more slots available for shoes but I need to find a few that have a missing half (weird how that happens to me).  I only paid $7.99 for this on clearance and it's been a space saver for sure.  It's also sleek, so if anything spilled on it, clean-up would be easy and it's very lightweight even with the shoes in it.  It also has 2 carry handles at the side in case you need to pick the bag up and move it elsewhere.  Overall I'm really pleased with my purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment