Wednesday, September 5, 2012

REVIEW: Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub




I admit I went a little crazy when Simple first was introduced to the US. I purchased a bunch of products they came out with and after I went through a few bottles of the refreshing facial wash gel I decided it would be best to give the Smoothing Facial Scrub a try. I don’t exfoliate my face everyday and I was hoping this would be a wonderful alternative to using harsh exfoliates in the shower. Sadly, I don’t think this will be my everyday exfoliate in the shower. I feel as though it does a decent job when my face is all sweaty and gross, but for an everyday product, I don’t feel it’s that fabulous as exfoliating. The exfoliates in it are VERY small. Granted, Simple is a sensitive skin product, so I can understand why the exfoliating particles are so fine – but I personally would prefer something that’s a little grittier to pull the gunk off my face.

PACKAGING & PRICE
A full size bottle comes with 5 fl ounces of product in it. The bottle itself is a light lime green which is a bit opaque, but not completely. The price itself truly varies where you purchase it. CVS sells this for $7.99 a bottle – but you’d more inclined to receive some sort of ECB offer, or a buy 1 get 1 offer at CVS/Walgreens than you would at say a Target or Walmart. The bottle sells for $6.99 at Target and I do know there is currently a coupon available online for $2.50 off the purchase of 2, or $1.50 off the purchase of one.

PRODUCT
The product is white in color and has very small exfoliating beads in it. You can’t quite see them to the naked eye, but when you rub your hands together you can feel them. There aren’t a whole lot in there, considering it is made for sensitive skin. It glides onto the skin nicely and you don’t need a whole lot of product to clean your face. For me this would be my “every once in a while” facial scrub and not my everyday facial scrub.

PURCHASING
This is available at all major pharmacy locations (CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid) while it is also available at department stores like Target and Walmart. Target and Walmart do generally have them for the cheapest out of pocket proce, but pharmacy locations tend to be the locations where you can get a good deal of the week. You can also purchase the line at Drugstore.com, Walgreens.com, CVS.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, and Walmart.com.

OVERALL
I would recommend this product if you are looking for a very light exfoliating product for your face – particularly if you have sensitive skin. But if you have sensitive skin and can handle a little harsher of an exfoliate I would not strongly recommend this. I do notice it works when my face is really grimy, but I don’t really notice a difference in my face when I use this on a daily basis. Would I repurchase? Probably but only when my acne meds flare up my face and I can ONLY use sensitive skin products on my face. I find Simple doesn’t aggravate my skin at all and I truly enjoy everything that I have tried from this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment