Monday, September 3, 2012

REVIEW: Avon Care Silicone Glove Protective Hand Cream



I purchased this Silicone Glove protective hand cream through Avon a few weeks ago in their catalog while it was on sale for 99 cents.  Believe me when I say this, I wish I would have ordered 4 or 5 tubes of this stuff then.  I only purchased one because I had never tried it before and if it was horrendous I didn’t want to own 4 or 5 tubes of it.  Now I’m kicking myself in the behind because this lotion is just plain awesome!  I’ve since left a message with my Avon representative asking if she could somehow back order this for me so I can get 4 tubes to last me thru the upcoming months.

I am quite a lotion aficionado if I must say so.  I work with paper at work all day long and I’ve noticed over the last 6 months my hands have become increasingly dry. I used to only get dry hands in the winter months due to the harsh change in weather – but it’s continued onward.  The backs of my hands aren’t dry, but my fingertips are especially dry.  I purchase lotions like crazy in hopes to cure my issues, even use Vaseline at night with gloves and after a few washes its back.  I used this lotion and it was literally magic.

It does not leave a greasy residue, but it does leave a slight texture to your hand. Nothing annoying or anything like that but it’s slightly noticeable.  The lotion itself does make your hands INCREDIBLY smooth and the greatest part is that it does not wash off after you wash your hands. You can wash and dry and afterwards you can still feel the smoothness in your hands.  The lotion itself lasts a good 3-4 hours when on, even after a few hand washings.  I feel it fills in any of the grooves in my fingertips where it’s rough because it completely smooths the skin surface out.

The one thing I do notice is the lotion seems to pull the dead skin off my hand and balls it up on my skin.  I’m assuming that’s what it is, but I can’t say for sure.  As shown in the picture, I do get a bit of beading on my hands which I can wipe off and it does not effect it in any way.

Overall, I just completely love this lotion and feel it’s one of the best lotions I’ve used in a long while.




No comments:

Post a Comment