Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Couponing at Dollar Tree?!

Did you know Dollar Tree is now accepting coupons?  I saw it come across on Facebook on one of the couponing websites I have liked and shrugged it off until I went into Dollar Tree yesterday and was asked if I had any coupons.  That raised my eyebrow because I figured everything is $1 what ever could you coupon with?  Since I needed to get some hand soap and dish detergent, I decided to see what deal I could score at Dollar Tree and I got 8 bottles of product for $4.  Not bad, not bad at all.

If you’re interested in how their coupon policy works the coupon has to be a manufacturer coupon, has to not be expired, and has to be an exact match to the product in the store – do take note of size restrictions on coupons.  BTW not a lot of their employees know they take coupons and not all stores are taking them just yet – it’s branching out and many employees who work in stores that take coupons have not been trained on how to accept them.  The store I went to purchase the items took coupons, but when I got to check-out the girl up front wasn’t aware and gave me my coupons back.  She had to ask someone and they have an instruction sheet at checkout.  It’s a bit of a painstaking process and it will slow down the line as they have to manually enter the value of the coupon into the system.  Ah, the life of a couponer!

The coupons I had were $1 off of the purchase of 2, so I felt that was justifiable.  I ended up picking up the following items:

2 Softsoap Juicy Apple body washes
2 Soft Soap soap refills in Soothing Aloe Vera
2 Soft Soap pump soaps in Soothing Aloe Vera & Milk Protein and Honey
2 Palmolive Dish soap in Apple scent

No comments:

Post a Comment