Sunday, January 13, 2013

REVIEW: Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil



I received a bottle of Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil from BzzAgent for reviewing purposes.  I have to say because I have oily hair I was a little concerned with how this would pan out in the end.  I have never used oils in my hair but I was pleasantly surprised.

PACKAGING & PRICE
The product is packaged in a plastic 3 fl. oz bottle.  The bottle has a little pump head, which is pretty amazing for an oil.  It doesn’t leak, it doesn’t drip, and it gives you the exact pump quantity of product into your hand.  It also has a cap on the top which keeps the product from squirting all over the place when storing.  Price wise it varies store to store, but you can pick it up anywhere between $5.98 to $7.09.

PRODUCT
The best thing about this product is the styling oil is a little thicker so it doesn’t dribble all over your hand once pumped. It doesn’t have a very strong smell, definitely not something you can smell on your hair once applied.  It has a faint smell in the bottle   I’m not the greatest with scents, so I’m having a hard time explaining what it smells – but it’s definitely nothing offensive and it’s so light, and you only apply 2-3 pumps of the oil in your hair at a time so it’s not something that’s going to linger/overpower.

This does NOT make my hair oily, which I strongly appreciate.  I have rather healthy hair (I don’t color my hair, don’t blow dry it, don’t curl it, etc.) which is naturally shiny on its own, but I find this gives it a little extra of a healthy shine to it.  It is a multi-use product and can be used in the hair a few different ways: before shampooing as a shine treatment, after showering for styling or on dry hair as a finisher.

If you are going to use it as a shine treatment, it’s recommended that you apply 2-3 pumps of product into 3 sectioned off areas of dry hair.  You should leave it in for 5-7 minutes and then shampoo it out.  I have not tried this recommendation as my hair is typically shiny enough so I go for the after the shower for styling.  With that you apply 2-3 pumps into damp hair from mid-shaft of your hair down.  Once it’s evenly distributed you style your hair as you wish.  The part I love is I can let my hair air dry with this and it doesn’t get all over my clothes etc. because it absorbs rather instantaneously.  The last way you can use it is to apply to dry hair where you apply 1-2 pumps and massage into the dry areas of your hair, avoiding your roots.

I find after use my hair is so much softer and it tends to style a lot easier once dry.  I typically pull my hair up into a bun and I’m finding when I do that after using this product my hair tends to spiral curl (which I LOVE).  Overall, two thumbs up!

PURCHASING
This can be purchased at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Amazon.com, Soap.com, and Drugstore.com.  As always check your stores availability because all pharmacy/retail locations carry different products geared towards their different audiences.

RATING
A

No comments:

Post a Comment