Wednesday, January 2, 2013

REVIEW: Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion



I had been looking into the Mario Badescu acne care line and noticed they had a drying lotion.  I looked into it (as there are many different items for their acne care/control) and I read that this product is similar – if not the same thing as the Mario Badescu drying lotion.  The general gyst of what I read about the product is that it contains all the same ingredients and is pretty much the same end result.  Since the Bye Bye Blemish sells for about 1/3 of the price of the Mario Badescu I decided to order the Bye Bye Blemish to see if it’d work.

PACKAGING & PRICE
When purchased, the product comes packaged in a cardboard box which houses a glass 1 oz container.  The vial contains a clear liquid and a pink substance which settles to the bottom of the vial.  The trick is to keep the vial up right to ensure the product stays separated.  Pricing varies depending on where it’s purchased – typically the price ranges between $5.59 to $9.99.  If purchasing online you can get a percentage (varying store to store) of cash back by using websites such as Ebates, etc.  If you don’t have an ebates account you can sign up for one using my referral link: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=ky2d7dwKtlCkZT5PXSb8mw%3D%3D

PRODUCT
The Bye Bye Blemish Drying Lotion is to be used on top of present acne on the face.  The bottle should not be shaken or stirred – it should be kept upright to allow the sediment (the pink product) to rest at the bottom of the vial.  I will say it has a bit of an annoying sulfur smell (the product does contain 10% sulfur!), it can be obnoxious but the scent does fade after it’s been on your face.  It’s not ghastly to the point I feel nauseous but it is an unpleasant scent for a few minutes (particularly if I am applying under my nose or around my mouth).

Before applying the product you should cleanse and dry your face.  You should then use a clean Q-tip and insert it into the vial, the tip of the Q-tip picking up some of the pink substance.  You then apply that substance on top of any pimples on the face.  Do not re-dip the used Q-tip into the container – use another q-tip or flip it over and use the other side of the Q-tip.  Leave the product on your acne spots overnight and wash off the next morning during your normal skincare routine.

The product states use is okay on sensitive skin.  I will say, I have sensitive skin and have not had an allergic reaction to this product.  I do want to point out, according to Bye Bye Blemish: “This overnight spot treatment rapidly reduces the size and severity of pimples. Salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin cells, allowing the all-natural drying agents to penetrate pores and treat infection.”

PURCHASING
The product is available at select stores – but I was not able to locate it at a few of my local pharmacies that are supposed to carry it (stores around me carry select products depending on shelf availability/demand).  Since I was not able to find it in a physical store, the online stores that do carry it are: Ulta.com, Amazon.com, CVS.com, Drugstore.com, Walgreens.com, and Vitacost.com.

OVERALL
I have to say hands down, this is one of the best over the counter acne products I have purchased and tried in a very long time.  I was a little skeptical at first as to if this was going to work, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and have used it since purchasing on any trouble spots that erupt on my face.  This is not a miracle cure, it is not going to completely rid you of acne, but it will help.  I do notice after applying and waking up the next morning, I find the smaller pimples I applied the product to are gone.  Whereas on my larger acne spots (and even some of my cystic acne spots) I find it may take a couple uses before those are minimized. I will say I do find it’s useful to exfoliate the morning after use to help get any dead skin cells off your face.  You will notice the spots the Bye Bye Blemish was applied to the skin will just kind of “glide” off with your fingernail – so definitely exfoliate!  I cannot say enough good things about this product other than I hope to dabble into a little more of the Bye Bye Blemish skincare line.

RATING
A+

No comments:

Post a Comment