Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hot Buns Haul



I am not much of a hair girl. I’ve never quite learned or taught myself how to do my hair which would explain why my hair is usually up in a ponytail, in a sloppy bun, in a twist or when it’s shorter down.  I saw a video by Emily Noel on YouTube where she hauled the Hot Buns from Sally’s and seeing her talk about it immediately made me want it.  Granted, she didn’t do a full review on the product, but that sent me into motion looking for reviews online and other “how to” videos.

I found the consensus was typically split down the middle.  There were people that loved it, people that hated it and people who could go either way with the product.  I felt from just looking at the product that it would be easy to use – far easier than a sock bun method or even the donut method (which I did purchase from Amazon for like 50 cents).

I wanted to purchase online but every website I went to it was overpriced – even Amazon!  The product is typically $10 but shipping and handling from the Hot Buns website would make it almost $25, Amazon was $15+.  Sally’s sells them but I wasn’t going to go on a mission to Sally’s but surprisingly enough Walmart sells this in their “As Seen on TV” section for $9.88.

My hair is stalk straight.  I only get volume out of my hair by using volume adding shampoo and conditioner.  My hair also gets oily rather quickly, so I do wash my hair daily.  Because my hair isn’t very thick and has absolutely no volume normally I decided Hot Buns may work for me.

I’ve tried it a few times and I find the snaps, as many have mentioned, are truly a pain in the butt.  When you’re looking straight at it, you can clip it and unclip it but when the product is behind your head it can get tricky.  It’s definitely one of those hair products I am going to have to play with to see if I truly like it or if it’s even going to work for me.  Fingers crossed!

QUESTION:
Have you purchased Hot Buns? If so, did you like it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment