Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balm – Just Peachy

I saw the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balm display originally posted on Instagram and I knew I had to pick one up. I am a medicated lip balm junkie! I love that tingle/burn on my lips from a medicated balm because I just feel like when it tingles, it means its working and hydrating.

I stumbled upon the display at my local Christmas Tree Shop and sadly the plain shade was not available, so I was in a toss up between Just Peachy and Berry Sorbet.  I ended up going with Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balm in Just Peachy because I had hoped it would be like the regular Baby Lips in Peach Kiss, which is one of my favorites.  Unfortunately after bringing it home I quickly found that the medicated Just Peachy is actually a LOT more pigmented than the plain ole regular Just Peachy.  The regular just peachy goes on rather sheer against my skin tone and looks like a translucent lip balm when on my lips. The medicated one goes on rather pink, more pale pink instead of peach.  It just looks crazy against my skin tone which completely bums me out.

I’ve been using this by dabbing it against my lips to get the faintest amount of product on my lips and it shows up more translucent than pale pink. Even with the dabbing effect I can feel the cooling/tingling sensation that comes with medicated lip balms.  Now I wish I had picked up Berry Sorbet … but I may end up having to go back at some point to pick it up.

QUESTION:
Have you tried out any of the new Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balms?

1 comment:

  1. Had the same problem with this color. I was really disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete