Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: Trader Joe’s Moisturizing Cream Shave in Honey Mango


I purchased this moisturizing shaving cream from Trader Joe’s after someone I went to high school with had asked me if I tried it yet since she had seen my love for Trader Joe’s on my Instagram journey.  On one of my trips, I decided to pick it up.  I am constantly battling dry skin on my legs and arms, particularly in the summer and winter months so I wanted to make sure to grab a hold of this to try it out since some shave creams/gels, etc., can make me quite itchy afterwards and even dry my legs.

PACKAGING & PRICE
The cream comes packaged in a squeeze bottom tube which contains 8 fl oz of product and is geared towards use for both men and women.  I do want to point out, make sure you don’t accidentally place something that’s heavier than the cream on top of it because – as with any squeeze bottom product, the top seal can separate (pop).  The product won’t seep out if it’s stood upright, but it’s something to keep in mind since I accidentally “popped” the top of mine. Price wise, I want to say these are $5.39 at Trader Joe’s.

PRODUCT
The product is dispensed is an opaque white color and has a very nice scent.  It’s a honey mango scent, but it’s definitely in no way over powering – which I can see why it would be geared towards both men and women.  I do not find it leaves a lingering scent on the skin but it definitely leaves my skin feeling moisturized.  It contains aloe vera and vitamin E init – while it is also paraben free and 100% vegetarian.  I do want to point out that a little goes a long way.  This doesn’t lather up in your hands; it acts more as a lotion when you’re applying it in the shower. It’ll smooth over your legs, under arms, etc., and all you have to do is wet your razor (and your leg beforehand – obviously) and you’re good to go.

PURCHASING
The item is available to purchase exclusively at Trader Joe’s locations in the (I’ll call it) “Health & Beauty” section.  I also spotted this for sale on Amazon in a 2-pack, but it’s way overpriced and I do not suggest purchasing it that way.

OVERALL
I think this is a fantastic shaving cream.  It’s moisturizing, paraben free, smells amazing and a little goes a long way.  It’s probably one of my most long lasting shaving creams I’ve purchased, since you really have control as to how much product you are getting out of the tube. With most shave creams, that come in pump or can form, you have to just hope what you pump into your hand is not too much (which in my case, always is).  But nonetheless I can’t say one bad thing about this shave cream – I simply love it!

RATING
A



QUESTION:
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Honey Mango moisturizing shave cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment