Wednesday, December 21, 2011

NOTD & Review – Fuschia Chrome (Sally Hansen’s Color Quick)







I decided to try out my Sally Hansen Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen that I had picked up at the Dollar store not too long ago.  My nails are finally back to a healthy state that I can apply polish to, etc. so I gave this a shot.  At first I was a little leery, I wasn’t sure how this was going to work.  But once I started applying it and found I really loved the application and finish, I am going to pop into a Dollar store tomorrow to see if I can find some more of these.  This product is absolutely AMAZING!

PACKAGING:
The product is packaged in a sleek black tube which looks very similar to a smaller magic marker packaging.  There is a screw on cap and a push button backing (which is in the color of the polish inside the tube).  There is 0.135fl oz of product within the tube – which isn’t all that bad.  The directions state to shake the pen well with the cap on, remove the cap, then click the top of the pen to dispense the color.  Repeating the clicking as much as needed to complete application to your nails.

PRODUCT:
The product is extremely pigmented and applies like a dream.  As seen in the attached picture, one coat and the finish was completely opaque.  One of the things that made me absolutely love this product is it dries SO quickly!  All 10 of my fingernails were dry in under 1 minute.  And by dry I mean COMPLETELY dry, not that sticky, tacky feeling most “quick dry” polishes leave.  I washed my hands after and dried them and did not have any bits of polish chunked up on my nails, etc.  Amazing!

PRICE:
I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree for $1.00.  I have seen them at Big Lots one time ago for $1.50.  Please keep in mind the Dollar Tree and Big Lots spotting were for the chrome finished polishes.  These are priced on the Walgreen’s website at $8.49.

OVERALL:
I would strongly suggest these to anyone who enjoys nail polish, who loves an ease of application and who is truly looking for a quick drying nail polish.  It took me not even three minutes to complete my nails on both hands – most of that time took with wondering if the polish was going to come spilling out of the brush head.  Granted I just applied this product to my nails earlier today, but I’ve washed dishes, made fudge for Christmas, made myself dinner and did chores around the house and I have not had any chipping or peeling as I sometimes find with other brand polishes.  I myself will be going out to find a few more of these pens in different shades – especially since you can’t beat the $1 price tag.

Have you tried these Sally Hansen Color Quick polish pens?  What were your thoughts?
If you have not tried them – would you like to?


Images are mine do not take or use.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment