Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara



 
I picked up Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara in Very Black while it was on clearance for $1.67 at Target. I had a $1.00 off manufacturer coupon so I only paid 67 cents for this. I figured I’d give it a shot since I’ve got a minor obsession with mascaras going on at the moment. I figured worst case scenario if I don’t like it, it only cost me 67 cents.

I used this product and I like it in some aspects, but dislike it in others. But what I will say is this is definitely not a mascara that you want to apply if you are in a hurry or don’t like waiting for your mascara to dry before doing anything else with your makeup. The reason I say this is because this products formula is VERY wet, it goes on wet and stays wet until it sets. I have naturally long curly top lashes and I opened my eye too quickly (thinking it would set like most normal mascaras) but not this one! It left nice black smudges on my eyelids. I like the applicator, but then I also don’t like the applicator – but I think the applicator works since the formula is so runny.

Overall I would suggest this product to someone who likes wetter formulations when it comes to mascara – but other than that I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone to purchase. In my honest opinion – this is give or take product for me. I would use it if I HAD to or if it was what was in front of me and I didn’t want to look for my other mascara, but it’s not something I would recommend anyone to run out and pick up. I give it 2 stars.

PROS:
• Long lasting wear
• Keeps your lashes looking very natural – just darker
• Does not flake
• Not thick feeling on the lashes (to touch)
• Removes easily with a simple makeup removing wipe
• Applicator tip is smaller so it allows for a more precise application.

CONS:
• Formula is VERY liquidy
• Have to wait for this to dry before doing anything (even blinking)
• Easily smudgable while wet (I had to slide a tissue under my lower lash line since the product on my lower lash line would touch my face)
• (As mentioned a Pro above, but also a con) The applicator is smaller so it takes more swipes than a normal mascara applicator to get your lashes coated.

Have you tried this product? If so, what were your thoughts?

Images are mine do not take or use. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment