Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer



I picked up this concealer during a haul at Wal-Mart because a fellow luuuxer recommended me trying it out. It’s said to be the closest dupe to Kat Von D’s tattoo concealer. I figured for $6 I would give it a shot because if it was a close match I would stick with this over Kat Von D’s tattoo concealer since hers runs for $25 at Sephora.

Price:
These retail for $6.00 at Walmart. Not a bad price for the product you are getting. These are available for purchase both at Wal-Mart store locations as well as on Walmart.com.

            
Size:
Each tube of concealer contains 0.71 oz of product.

Product:
Product is packaged with a tube of heavy duty concealer and a mini concealer pencil. The formula can be a little runny on the first two squeezes, but after that it comes out relatively thick. Trust when I say that a LITTLE of this product goes a LONG WAY! It blends in extremely well and does not leave an oily finish on my skin. I have oily skin and did not find I was shiny in the areas I applied this to conceal trouble spots. I also found that it does a decent job at covering blemishes, it doesn’t cover everything 100%, but it does a good job. It might leave a slight shadow of an imperfection, but applying a foundation over this product would wash that imperfection away.
This product is only available in three (measily) colors: Light, Medium and Tan. Sadly there is no concealer option for anyone with a caramel skin tone and darker. I find that the tan color actually darker looking in the tube, but when applied it’s a lot lighter than what you see in the packaging. Unless this EXACTLY matches your skin tone, this is not a product you can apply after you’ve applied your foundation, etc. This is something you’d have to apply first, with your foundation (liquid, mousse or mineral) over it.

Overall:
I’m not entirely sure if I love this product or if I don’t love it. I think my biggest hold up is the fact that their color selection is SO incredibly limited! The darkest color they sell and market (Tan) is a shade or two too light for my skin. It’s a decent product and it does a nice job, but I just wish Hard Candy would expand their color selection because it would definitely expand their horizons and would ultimately create more sales (my marketing side is coming out, apologies!).

Images are mine do not take.

No comments:

Post a Comment