Saturday, February 23, 2013

REVIEW: L’Oreal Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream



I received a tube of the L’Oreal Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream in the shade 814 Medium for reviewing purposes from SheSpeaks.  Out of all the B.B. Creams on the market the only one I have dabbled into has been the Garnier, which I have enjoyed.  Soon after the B.B. craze spread throughout the drugstore and out of all the brands out there (not those released this year) the one I have heard the most about was the L’Oreal.  Because of the things I have heard I was looking forward to giving this a try.

PACKAGING & PRICE
The product is packaged in a sleek thin tube that contains 1.0 fl oz of product.  The tube has a twist cap which is easy to maneuver.  Prices range store to store, but typically it retails anywhere between $10.99 - $7.96 (the lower price being Wal-Mart, the more expensive being drugstore pricing).

PRODUCT
The look of the B.B. cream when squirted onto your hand looks unlike the other B.B. creams out there.  This one is white with little bead-like things in it. When you apply the cream to your face the little beads (which contain the pigment) “burst” and the color is applied to your face.  The texture of the cream is drier than the Garnier (that I use) and “absorbs” into your face a lot faster.

The packaging claims the B.B. Cream provides four beautifying actions: primes, perfects, hydrates and corrects.  I found it did correct the tone of my face although I didn’t feel it hydrated my face.  Lately, I’ve had a few drier patches on my face (due to my acne treatment and using my Clarasonic) and it accentuated those areas – whereas the rest of my face where I’m typically oily it didn’t make me look crazy oily.

Coverage wise, I’d say this is very sheer – and if I wanted to stretch that I’d say it’s a light coverage.  It did not cover my acne spots; it did not cover any discolorations on my face (dark spots).  It did cover up some of the slight redness I have on my face and it did make my skin one shade (outside of dark spots and acne spots).

I did find that when taking photos with this B.B. cream on my face it does provide a significant white-cast.  Looking at my face in person you would not be able to tell there was anything on my skin but in photographs my face is significantly whiter.

PURCHASING
This can be purchased at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Amazon.com, and Drugstore.com.  As always check your stores availability because all pharmacy/retail locations carry different products geared towards their different audiences.

OVERALL
I found this B.B. cream to be decent. It’s not a product I would run out to replenish if I used it all up – I think my heart lays with Garnier in the B.B. cream department.  The product did a good job neutralizing the color of my face but I would definitely need to use a concealer with this.  Not sure how this would stand up during the summer or on a muggy day – of course with it being so cold where I live I cannot accurately judge that portion of it.  I’d give this a thumbs up.

RATING
B



1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete