Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lacura Eye Shadow & Foundation Haul!





We recently got a grocery chain here on the East coast named ALDI. I go there once in a while to pick up some items for the house and milk since it’s the cheapest around. While browsing around I noticed they had a cosmetics section. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to try it, but I decided to just go ahead and pick up 2 eye shadows and a foundation. The greatest part of this? ALL of these items are only 99 cents! Why are they 99 cents? That’s just the pricing structure for them BUT I do want to note these products are being discontinued from US-based stores, but from what I understand they will continue to sell them overseas. I had swatched the eye shadows on my hand at least a month ago and was like “Oh wow these are pigmented!” and my BF was looking at me like I was crazy because I was fawning over makeup AGAIN. So I left them there telling myself I didn’t need anything else. But I went back and after picking up some items for the house I decided to splurge a little and get some makeup. Figuring for a dollar if it’s garbage, oh well. Sadly they only had 2 color shades of eye shadows available and foundation, the other eye shadows are gone – which means I probably won’t find them unless I start calling the other ALDI’s in my area and traveling out to them which probably won’t happen.

Here’s a little background information on the Lacura brand from the ALDI website which is associated with the Lacura brand. The brand is:

• Critically acclaimed & award winning
• It’s made from natural ingredients like candelilla wax & avocado oil
• Contains the same ingredients that are in the expensive cosmetic brands
• Costs up to 95-percent less than name brands
• Dermatologist tested
• Products are not tested on animals
• Fragrance free

The packaging is pretty standup and wasn’t what I expected. I was expecting some cheap, plastic, but it’s pretty sturdy and a glassy metal case.

The three products I picked up and paid 99 cents for are as follows:

- Foundation – 40 Bronze. This is a great match for my skin tone, it the slight sheen it gives reminds me of Garnier’s BB cream. The box claims the following: “The soft and pleasant texture of LACURA foundation leaves your skin silky smooth and shin-efree while providing optimum coverage power. The formula with aloe vera and shea butter contains no perfumes, moisturizing the skin and leaving it feeling wonderfully soft.”

- 302 Lilac Eye Shadow Duo (for some reason my camera is photographing the up close shot more grey and white than lilac and purple - but you can see the true color in the 1st photo). This comes with a very light lilac shade and a deeper purple. The box claims the following: LACURA Duo Eyeshadow in perfectly coordinated color combinations for perfect eye make up. Finely textured LACURA Dup Eyeshadow is easy to apply and long lasting. LACURA Duo Eyeshadow fits perfectly in any handbag and has a mirror and applicator inside.

- 101 Cocoa Eyeshadow Duo. This comes with a darker brown and a lighter yellow/tan shade.

QUESTIONS:
Do you have an ALDI store nearby?
Have you ever tried the LACURA brand?

Images are mine do not take or use. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment