Wednesday, July 18, 2012

REVIEW: Aussie – Aussome Volume Shampoo & Conditioner

I purchased this Aussie brand Aussome Volume shampoo and conditioner at Target a while back. I’d say about two months ago? Since I purchased, I have been using this shampoo and conditioner since then. I originally purchased because of two reasons 1) the smell (it smells rather fruity) and 2) its promise to volumize. I have generally straight hair that has a very tiny bit of body to it., but on the other side of the coin my hair is also oily Unfortunately with my hair there are a number of things that work against me and any product that is too “heavy” is VERY noticeable in my hair. And by noticeable, I mean, it creates a build up on my hair and scalp and regardless of how much I scrub the heck out of it in the shower, it does not come off. I have to usually use a clarifying type of shampoo to strip my hair of whatever is on it. Plus if products are too heavy, my hair looks very weighed down and extra oily, looking rather … stringy for the lack of a better word.

I can say I absolutely LOVE both the Aussome Volume Shampoo & Conditioner. Not only do they both smell amazingly, they most definitely volumize and they do not weight my hair down in any way. The shampoo is rather lightweight in the fact that it doesn’t leave any sort of residue on my hair, it doesn’t make my scalp itch, nothing. It cleans very well and even if I use the shampoo alone it volumizes wonderfully. The conditioner reduces any tangles I have in my hair and leaves it silky smooth (I rinse all conditioner out of my hair BTW) and after combing my hair has a bit of oomph to it. As it air dries you can see the volume in it come to life. And I don’t mean crazy volume; it’s a nice noticeable plump.
The Aussie brand is relatively affordable. They tend to go on sale 2 for $5 at stores like Walmart and Target, but if not on sale the bottles are generally $3. I can say Target, Walmart and Big Lots all sell the large pump bottle of Aussome Volume shampoo for around $6. Big Lots has it for sale for $5, which is where I bought my last bottle and it now resides in my shower on a shelf.

Overall, I would give this product 5 out of 5 stars. Yes, I REALLY love both the shampoo and conditioner. I don’t see myself switching shampoos for a while now because this one just works fabulously for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment